Halloween


A news by 4usnews:I can't believe Halloween has come and gone already! A was a little duckling this year, I'm not an inventive or creative person so I grabbed the cutest off the rack thing I could find (thank you Costco). It was the little duckling suit with extra padding in the belly region and yellow and orange striped tights. She was super cute and didn't fuss all that much when we put the little hood up even when it went over her eyes. We managed to get some cute pics of us outside by the pumpkins on the steps and then some more inside where it was a bit toastier.

We had planned on putting the costume back on her when trick or treating started at 6, but by that time she was already having her last bottle o' the eve and rubbing her eyes. The schedule is key so we opted not to bother.

We got 17 trick or treaters this year, which is about the same as we had last year. Most were very polite but a few didn't even say thank you and disobeyed my instructions to take one treat bag! She took the treat bag and then she kept grabbing more and more until finally I just pulled the bowl away. I think the key is that I should be handing it to them, not letting them choose. There was another girl who kept asking me what was in the treat bag (2 fun size bars in each one) and I kept telling her candy not realizing that she probably was asking what kind. I put different candies in each one so I wasn't sure what was in that particular one. She figured out that she could look through the side of it to see, and then was like, 'Meh'...put it down and began foraging through the bowl, presumably for something better.

Seriously young one...you take what's given to you and you love it! You love it! Back in my day that's what we did........
Share |

Text Widget

Share |

Text Widget

online counter