Ernest Borgnine on Red His SAG Lifetime Achievement Award


yahoofreeshop:Those who are amazed by Betty White staying power as an actress should take a look at Ernest Borgnine. His over50 year career is legendary and hes still getting gigs for major motion pictures.

The 93yearold icon has been working on stage and screens big or small since 1951 He got his big break alongside Frank Sinatra in From Here to Eternity before going on to win an Oscar and Golden Globe for his lead role in 1955 Marty Since then, he has been nominated for one Daytime Emmy and three prime-time Emmys including one as a husbandmade widower in the final episode of ER.'

He has joined the all star ensemble cast of the much anticipated Red based on the Warren Ellis graphic novel about a retired black ops CIA agent who must re assemble his old team after being targeted by an assassin. While peers like Sean Connery have announced their retirement, and Doris Day hasn't appeared in the public eye for years Borgnine continues to knock out film after film. Moviefone caught up with him just as it was announced that he will be receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2011 SAG Awards.

First of all congratulations on your SAG lifetime achievement award.
Well arent you nice. God bless you. I really appreciate that.

How does it feel to be recognized in this way for your storied career?
Well, I tell ya, normally when I get awards I think, I've got enough awards. Now, just send money. But this award is a little bit different. This award concerns my peers and theyve already chosen me for the Oscar. I'm so beyond words.

How does winning this compare to winning the Oscar?
Well just about even. When your peers pick you out vote for you and say, Hey, you're the one we like, what more can you possibly say except "My goodness thank you so much!

While others your age and younger have simply stopped making movies and retired you continue to work Do you have a secret to your longevity in show business?
No I just like to keep going. I think it keeps me young longer. And not only thatbut I'm still alive and kicking and I think "What the heck? As long as I'm with it and in good shape and I am I'd like to be working.

I'm sure you still love it very much right?
Hey, it's my chosen profession and I feel that if you choose a profession it doesn't become work it becomes a joy after a while.
Share |

Text Widget

Share |

Text Widget

online counter