Gene Shalit


A news by 4usnews:I’m determined to “Today” to see how the show would have to say goodbye to Gene Shalit, who retired yesterday after taking his “Corner of the critics” there 41 years. (Did he time of its release to avoid consideration of “Morning Glory?”) In an era of fractured and volatile job, it was sweet to see so many “Today” personalities past and present, including Jane Pauley, Tom Brokaw and Katie Couric to express the pleasure they took in the company of colleagues. Shalit pop icon, so I understand why they emphasized individual Shalit, from what some have called it Muppet-like look (I think he looks more like Groucho, Chico and Harpo in one person), his penchant for funny that brightens up the office. (He was nicknamed “Bryant Gumbel” Gumbo “; Gumbel called it a” salad.

Nevertheless, the segment should be made to give more time to his celebrity interviews, and his membership in the “Today” clan than it was prior to the event? After four decades, there would be good to know what films he championed for many years and which he regarded as bankrupt or destructive? And it will be “Today” show to replace it? Or post film critic morning show has become thing of the past?

I’ve never been a constant viewer Today,so I basically know Shalit, as a happily incorrigible punster, who says things like Ishtar. Ishtarrible”. Did the people who watched the show for many years Shalit to implement its recommendations, or just enjoy it as a singer? (Steven Spielberg recorded video message that Shalit audience” in all of us. Does it simply mean that he is one of the most important populist?
Matt Lauer told the audience that Shalit’s modesty prevented him from appearing on this tribute to him. Shalit must agree with the quote by Woody Allen that Shalit is put at the end of one of his anthologies, The Great Hollywood Wit:” Someone once asked me if my dream is to live in the hearts of my people, and I said I would like to live in my apartment....
Share |

Text Widget

Share |

Text Widget

online counter